Using OPUL, you can provide your clients with receipts for their transactions either via email or by printing them in your office. You can also reprint or resend a receipt through Practice Activity or the client's profile. Customize your receipts by adding your return policy and create receipts detailing purchases, refunds, and voids.
How to customize your return policy
Step 1: Log in to OPUL.
Step 2: Click your Username in the top right corner, then select Practice Settings. This functionality is only accessible to Practice Administrators – if you don’t see “Practice Settings” in your dropdown menu, please consult your Practice Administrator.
Step 3: Click Practice Profile and Branding, then click Policies and Receipts. Modify the message in the text box to reflect your Refund Policy, within a 400-character limit. To see what your receipts will look like, click Preview Receipt.
Step 4: Once you are satisfied with your return policy text, check the box reading, "I acknowledge and confirm this refund policy is consistent with laws and regulations where my practice operates, and that my customers are aware of this policy prior to any purchase they make." and click Save.
Note: An acknowledged return policy is mandatory for using OPUL. Even if you decide to keep the default refund policy, you must check the box to acknowledge that you have confirmed the policy. You’ll need to acknowledge your return policy within seven days of your approval for OPUL.
What information is included on my OPUL receipts?
OPUL receipts provide detailed information about each transaction, including the items or services purchased, along with payment details and methods.
- Your Practice Name, Address, and Phone Number will appear on your receipts.
- A unique Invoice Number for each transaction will appear on its receipt. Even if you refund or void the transaction, the invoice number will remain the same.
- The receipt Type will be either "Purchase" for purchases or "Purchase/Credit" for voids and refunds.
- The Date is the day on which the invoice was created. This could differ from the payment dates if an invoice remained open for more than a day before full payment was received.
- The name, number of units purchased, discounts applied, and cost for each item will appear. Line items include subtotal, total discounts, total tax, and total cost of all items, which appears at the bottom of the receipt.
- Payment Details will appear, including date/time, payment method used, authorization code, method of card payment (card on file, keyed, or card present), card brand, the last four digits of the credit card number, and the amount paid.
- Your Refund Policy appears at the bottom of every receipt.
What about receipts for voids and refunds?
Whenever a transaction is voided or refunded, a receipt will be available within OPUL.
- Voids: Voided payments will appear on the receipt under Payment Details with "(voided)" appearing next to the amount voided.
- Refunds: Refunded payment details will appear under Refund Details, including date/time, payment method, authorization code, method of card payment (card on file, keyed, or card present), card brand, the last four digits of the credit card used, and the total amount refunded.
Have Questions? Contact OPUL Customer Support at
hello@OPUL.com or (925) 678-5377 for assistance